Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Fiona


When I seen this cute little Hippo image from Beccy's Place, I immediately knew I wanted to create a card with it.. You see here in Cincinnati, we have a really sweet little hippo that has her first birthday coming up. Our hippos Henry and Bibi had a baby January 24, 2017. She was born pre-mature and only weighed 29 pounds. Most baby hippos weigh within 55-120 pounds at birth. So the zoo formed a team of doctors and care takers for this little sweetie which by the way was named Fiona, they called themselves "Team Fiona". They took her from her mother because they were afraid her mother would not be able to give her the care that she so desperately needed and quite honestly if they would not have stepped in I don't think she would be with us today. They nursed her 24/7, feeding her special formula along with her mother's milk. Eventually she was reunited with her mother and her father. In July she made her first appearance in Hippo Cove with her mother. Our local news stations followed her and had weekly stories of her and her progression. My daughter and I like many other people not only here in Cincinnati, but all over the world fell in love with Fiona and as of December 18 Fiona was weighing in at 622 pounds.

Sadly on October 31, our zoo had to make a very tough decision and put Henry to rest. He became ill earlier and kept loosing weight, our zoo tried everything and he lost his fight but left behind a beautiful little girl. You can read all about Fiona here.

Thanks to Beccy's Place for this perfect image, I believe I am going to send this Birthday Card to Fiona with signatures of some of her followers that I work with. What do you think?


I used various Copic Markers, all from the Warm Gray family to color the image.

I made a little tutu because I've always imagined Fiona wearing a tutu. Both bows were made using my handy dandy Craft-Dee BowZ tool which can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have enjoyed my card and that I have inspired you.  Remember to please jump over to Craft-Dee BowZ and join in our this month.  As always our theme is Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.

Hugs,
Kathy


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. It's just too darn cute and I can see why you wanted this image. What a cute card and that ribbon and bow are fabulous. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete