Sunday, December 15, 2019

Eileen Hull's Wrap Journal in #2

Hi there and Kathy here, I come to you today to show my second journal I have created using Eileen Hull's Wrapped Journal die in a Reddish - Orange color.




Here is a couple shots from the inside.





A side view.



And a close-up of the key charm on the inside that I used to keep my elastic from going through the outside.



Step 1:
Cut the mat board with Eileen's die:  sandwich used, cutting plate, die, mat board and crease pad.

Step 2:
Add texture paste to the front using a palette knife and a stencil of your choice.

Step 3:
Spray the inside of the journal with the oxide sprays and a little water, dry them and then spray with the distress sprays, a little water and dry those.  Repeat this layering technique, drying in between until you achieve the look you are happy with.

Strep 4:
Add some ink to a back ground stamp and stamp over the inside to give more texture.

Step 5:
Repeat Step 2 on the outside of the journal, directly over the texture paste, until desired color is achieved.

Step 6:
Apply a little of the Mica Spray over the texture piece with a small sponge.

Step 7:
Let the the mat board dry for 24 hours.

Step 8:
Apply a thin coat of Mica Glaze.  This will protect the inks.

Step 9:
Punch a hole in the center of the die and enforce with a grommet.  String the journal with elastic and add the elastic that will go around the journal making sure the key charm is tied to the inside of the journal and then pull the other end of the elastic through the hole that you made in the center of the spine. 

Step 10:
Add the charm that will rest on the front of the journal with a jump ring to the elastic that wraps around the outside of the journal.

Step 11:
Embellish the journal with various charms to the spine. 


Supplies I used:
Eileen Hull's Wrap Journal Die
Sizzix Mat Board
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Sprays in the following colors:  Iced Spruce and Abandoned Coral.
Tim Holtz Distress Stains used: Abandoned Coral, Antique Linen, and Fossilized Amber.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mini's in Fossilized Amber, and Abandoned Coral.
Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray
Tim Holtz Distress Mica Glaze
Ranger Texture Paste
Stencil from my stash
Background stamp from my stash
Various patterned papers from my stash
Various charms from my stash

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  I hope this inspires you to try a hand at making a journal using Eileen's Wrap Journal Die.

That makes 2 journals and three more to go before Christmas.  Time is quickly passing by.

Until next time Happy Crafting o:)

Kathy


2 comments:

  1. No one ever says how they tie in/attach the signatures. I know that you said you used elastic, but how did you actually do it? I have been SEARCHING for videos about how to put them in. I want to use string rather than elastic. Can you please tell me how? I have spent so much time searching. THANK YOU. Your book is just wonderful. I want to learn to make nice ones, too, and am hoping to make several for christmas gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journal. Thanks for sharing. (I followed the link from the Eileen Hull Facebook group page, so glad you posted it there)

    ReplyDelete