Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Under the Sea

Hello there and thanks for joining me today.  I have an ocean themed birthday card to share with you.  The stamp set is from Bugaboo and it's title is Under the Sea Birthday Set.

Bugaboo just happens to be our sponsor over at Crafty Creations Challenges for Challenge #366.



I wanted to create an under water scene so I started with a piece of 6x6 Bristol Smooth CS.  Inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in Black Soot, Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers in order from the bottom up.  Then I used the Ocean Stencil set from Honey Bee Stamps to create the sun rays and and Coral at the bottom of the ocean floor.  The rays were created using a white pigment ink, then I used some of the peacock feathers over the entire piece to blend the white out a little.  Trimmed the 6x6 down to so that there was an 1/8" white border around the ocean piece when placed onto a top fold 6x6 white card base.

I then colored the images with my copic markers in various colors, cut them out and placed them on the ocean piece and stamped a birthday sentiment.

I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you enjoyed the card as well.

Again I thank you for stopping by and I really hope you hop on over to the Crafty Creations Challenges and join in the challenge.  Bugaboo has so many darling images to choose from, so please feel free to visit their site.  We look forward in seeing what you have to share with us.



Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment