Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Believe in Yourself

Sometimes you need a card for encouragement and this sentiment says it all, Believe in Yourself.

It was time to create a card for Craft-Dee BowZ and I was watching a video from Jennifer McGuire about painting with Distress Oxides.  Well not really painting, mainly lifting the ink off the image with a paintbrush. 


First I cut a piece of Bristol Smooth card stock to 5.25" x 4", I arranged my floral image from Mama Elephant then stamped the image with Versa Mark ink and added some white embossing powder.  Heat set the image, added some Distress Oxide inks starting with Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and then Broken China, went over it with a dry cloth to buff the ink off the tops of the embossed areas. I then used a damp paint brush and started painting with water on the inside of the flowers, which started lifting the ink off.


After I finished lifting the ink from the image I used a white gel pen to make dash line and dots all over the flowers to give them more detail.  I added some Nuvo Crystal drops and then added a bow that I created with my Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  It is so easy to make a perfect bow with this little tool.  You can get your own tool here.


To see Jennifer's video please go here.  Her instructions are really great.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope  you have enjoyed my card.

Crafty Hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment